Moodle and tracking PD credits for users & reports for HR

Moodle and tracking PD credits for users & reports for HR

написао/ла Greg Lind -
Број одговора: 4
Hello everyone.

Our old class registration is dying and we need a solution by September, 2009.

I have been watching and experimenting with Moodle for a few years. It looks like an ideal fit for offering PD and scheduling live sessions (e.g. face-to-face activity). Our ESD is hosting a 1.8.8 installation and I am adding courses and experimenting with a small group of teachers.

What I haven't seen or heard of yet is a way to get global course completion reports so that this can easily be passed to our HR department.

The challenge for us is that staff receives 1 college credit equivalent on the pay scale for every 12 course hours they complete.

Is anyone using Moodle for this purpose? If so, have you found a way to get this info to your HR department? If not, do you have any procedures you can share that make manual entry efficient?

I've searched the forums and modules pages with all of the search strings I can think of. I've gone through Using Moodle but didn't find anything. If I'm missing something obvious please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
У одговору на Greg Lind

Re: Moodle and tracking PD credits for users & reports for HR

написао/ла Matt Vernon -
Greg,
We are about to deploy a package from Remote-Learner.org that i think has what you want plus a whole lot more. I believe they are a moodle partner and no i don't work for them. It looks promising. I believe it needs 1.9
-matt
У одговору на Matt Vernon

написао/ла Greg Lind -
Thanks, Matt. I'm checking it as soon as I click "post to forum."
У одговору на Greg Lind

написао/ла Greg Lind -
Here's something I'm thinking of after installing some mods and experimenting a bit. Does anyone do this already?

The certificate module generates a unique ID number that ties student and course, as well as recording how many credit hours have been designated for the course.

Assuming you generate certificates for courses you want to track, it should be possible to search database for only the entries that include certificate IDs. This will only return completed courses that count toward various credit programs, such as professional development units (PDUs) or credits (PDCs).

The unique certificate IDs should eliminate the possibility of duplicates that result in false credits.

This kind of a search could be set up with a cron job and exported each night, week, etc. in a format that would be able to be pulled in by an HR system.

Any thoughts? Again, is anyone doing this?
У одговору на Greg Lind

написао/ла Michael Penney -
Hi Greg, we do this This kind of a search could be set up with a cron job and exported each night, week, etc. in a format that would be able to be pulled in by an HR system. for several folks, either as a custom Web Service or via our Universal Information Broker, a general purpose system integration tool.

We also use this tool to integrate with CampusCE, which provides a very feature rich, reasonably priced student information/records/transcripts system.