Gradebook - Breadcrumb Navigation to Course Home Page Broken

Gradebook - Breadcrumb Navigation to Course Home Page Broken

by Kathy Cannon -
Number of replies: 3
Hi All,
I am unit testing an enterprise-level upgrade (existing instance of 1.8 with Gradebook Plus V2) to 1.9.4. Whenever I am in any one of the gradebook pages, I cannot use the breadcrumbs to navigate back to the course home page.

I tried a few different themes, including standard. It seems to be true in all themes. I have searched the forums here and the Moodle Tracker items on Gradebook 1.9.4 and I find no mention of this. Can anyone point me to other reports of this problem?

I am attaching a single image that shows both the Gradebook breadcrumb in the standard theme and the Assignments breadcrumb for comparison. In this image, "LATTE upg" is the name of our testing site.

I am assuming that the fix to this is to have the same type of breadcrumb navigation that the other modules have.

Site Name > Course Home > Gradebook

If there are no other reports, shall I go ahead with a tracker report?

- Kathy Cannon, Brandeis University
Attachment Gradebook_Nav_Problem.png
In reply to Kathy Cannon

Re: Gradebook - Breadcrumb Navigation to Course Home Page Broken

by Nicolas Connault -
There is already a tracker issue for this. A fix is ready for 1.9.5: MDL-12631
In reply to Nicolas Connault

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Nicolas, I don't think MDL-12631 is the same issue as Kathy describes, as one is about the breadcrumbs being too long, and the other is about them being too short.

Kathy, I've tried and failed to reproduce the issue you describe in 1.9.4, so I'm wondering whether the fact that you've upgraded from 1.8 with Gradebook Plus V2 is relevant.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Kathy Cannon -
Yes! You've led us in the right direction. It was a different aspect of our implementation, not specific to GB Plus V2. It's fixed now-- and we can see the problem noted in MDL-12631. wink