mail php files

mail php files

by Lef Plom -
Number of replies: 2
Hi i'm new in moodle, so i want some help from an expert...

Here it is... Imagine that you are in the forum area. You are adding a new topic for a lesson and you want to inform the students whre are subscribed in this lesson for this new thread by emailing them. So the only thing you have to do is to check the checkbox which is named as "E-mail", right?

I want somebody, to tell me, which are the php mail files, doing the mail processing. I made a lot of search and i can't find something relevant. Please if somebody can help me, i would be grateful.

Sorry for my bad english!!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lef Plom

Re: mail php files

by linda pennuto -

I'm no Moodle expert, but to accomplish the task you have stated...

"You are adding a new topic for a lesson and you want to inform the students whre are subscribed in this lesson for this new thread by emailing them."

Assuming the course is limited to only the current students enrolled, then , on the main paige of your course, go to the People Block, click on Participants... This will list all the students in the course.

Next, click on select all, located at the bottom of the page. This will place a check mark in all the boxes to the right of each participants name. Next, click on the Selected Users drop down box and choose send a message, Create your message in the next screen that appears, click preview and then click send message.

This will send a message to everyone in your course, and forward an email to them if they are not online depending on their setup.

I don't know what php mail is, but the method I describe works really well for contacting all students with one message from the instructor. It is basically utilizing the messaging system in moodle with the email forwarding option.

Hope this is helpful, at least until you figure out an alternative.

Linda

In reply to linda pennuto

Re: mail php files

by Lef Plom -
linda thanks for your relplying but i'm not looking for that you suggest...

When i mean the mail php files i mean how this function, i mean how this checkbox actually works. I want the source code from this checkbox (i guess there are some php files) from it if you can understand what i'm telling about. But thanks anyway for your replying