Consider listing Moodle on CMSmatrix.org?

Consider listing Moodle on CMSmatrix.org?

by Matt (M) -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

(Standard disclaimer: Normally I'd look for a "General Discussions" forum to post a note such as this, but I have yet to find anything like that.)

Would the Moodle community consider listing Moodle on CMSmatrix.org?

I realize that the "C" in "CMSMatrix" stands for "Content," while the "C" in Moodle's definition of "CMS" stands for "Course."

Despite that, I think there's sufficient cross-over in capability to merit a cmsmatrix.org listing. There is a opensourcecms.com listing (as many of you probably know) in the "e-learning" section...where moodle looks to be the highest-rated system there, by the way.

-Matt

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matt (M)

Re: Consider listing Moodle on CMSmatrix.org?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My personal opinion is that I hate these things. Reducing complex pieces of software down to a long list of checkboxes is rarely helpful.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, but people love to have over simplified summaries of complex decisions smile
In reply to Marcus Green

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I put in a quick entry anyway, even though most of the questions didn't make much sense.  Shrug.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt (M) -
Very good. I agree the structure has its difficulties.

However, it's Moodle-community visibility that I seek. I think this gets Moodle more exposure.

-Matt