Can we please add downloadable files to assignments? GSOC Project?

Can we please add downloadable files to assignments? GSOC Project?

by Red Morris -
Number of replies: 3
One of the hardest sells I have with Moodle is to departments that need a front-sheet on their assignments for internal or external verification. I don't have a good work-around that is more elegant than their method of printing them out or emailing them to students.

What I would like, and I think has been missing from Moodle for a while, is the ability to add a document to an assignment for students to download. It would be great for question sheets, diagrams, etc, too.

Is the general consensus in agreement that this would be useful?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Red Morris

Re: Can we please add downloadable files to assignments? GSOC Project?

by Mike Worth -
This can already be done; you have to insert a link, the button gives a 'browse' option, in that window is an upload form at the bottom.

Although I do agree it would be nice to have this streamlined

Mike
In reply to Mike Worth

by Red Morris -

It can? I may be blind here, I've worn glasses since I was a child, but I don't see the Browse option you're refering to. Could I trouble you for the steps to see what you are doing to achieve this? You mentioned a link, which concerns me. There's no way teachers will go for separately uploading the front-sheet and linking to it. They'll just stop at uploading the document.

If I can't work this out, there's no chance our teachers will wide eyes

In reply to Red Morris

by Mike Worth -
I have a copy of part of a helpsheet I produced for our teachers that will show you, it's too big to attach here; if you message me your email address I'll send it to you.

Mike