moodle 2.0 Insert image not implemented?

moodle 2.0 Insert image not implemented?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
moodle 2.0 Insert image not yet implemented in the TinyMCE HTML editor?
Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: moodle 2.0 Insert image not implemented?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It has, but only in forms that have been converted to use the new File API.

First go to admin -> plugins -> repositories, and enable soem types of repository.

Then try making a forum post.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Tim,

So many things have changed between 1.9 and 2.0 that it's difficult to keep up. Anyway I have followed your advice and enabled the repository types. But I have found an interesting "bug" (or feature?).

Images that are inserted into forum discussions are only visible to the person who inserted them, which rather defeats the purpose. Should I report this in the tracker?

Joseph

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Not at the moment, I think.

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Images that are inserted into forum discussions are only visible to the person who inserted them

I've also found this when I use a teacher account to insert an image into a course topic using the flickr repository - logging in with another account (in this case a student) and the image is not displayed surprise

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yeah known issue where forum posts are not being rewritten yet, I was just talking to Dongsheng about this yesterday.