No Input File Specified

No Input File Specified

by Eduardo Escalante -
Number of replies: 5

I have uploaded files to a course via Resources. When I click on the link to the file (it doesn´t matter which file) I get No Input Files Specified message. 

here is a sample of the URL to a file:

http://www.crisedua.com/capacita/file.php/5/emarketing.ppt

I have created the Moodledata directory outside wwwroot. If I go to the Moodledata directiry I am able to see the file. I am using version 1.3.3 of Moodle. Could this be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Eduardo Escalante

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Escalante

Re: No Input File Specified

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's probably related to slasharguments.  Click on uploaded files in your post (or this one) for more information.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eduardo Escalante -

Martin

Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by "Click on uploaded files ..."

thanks for your fast reply.

regards

Eduardo

In reply to Eduardo Escalante

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Eduardo,

He means to click on the actual words "uploaded files" which get shaded in grey in one of these posts--this will take you to the glossary that gives more information about the term.

(Also, if you have any questions about my course, please let me know). 

Chardelle

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Eduardo Escalante -

Chardelle

Thank you for your response.  Your Stress Management Course has been of great help.

best regards

Eduardo

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eduardo Escalante -

Martin and Chardelle

Thank you, thank you for your response,it worked.  It is amazing how Moodle is not only a technological platform but more important it is the name of a worldwide community of people who without personal interest in mind are so willing to help and support each in the spirit of growing, learning and to give knowledge unconditionally.  

I reside in Chile and today I participated in an e-learning seminar were varios e-learning strategies were proposed as well as platforms. One of the things that came to mind while listening to the speakers was that the importance was not on the technology but on the methology of e-learning, in fact one of the speakers pointed out that there wasn´t a theorical pedagocical e-learning model. As I listened, it came to mind that through the Moodle Community there is a sharing of knowledge which goes beyong a technological aspect but rather a process of creating knowledge via our experience with a factor of great importance - sharing. Thus we can grow and strive towards the goal educating as best as we can.

Thank you

Eduardo

p.d. sorry just my heart talking