how can I diaplay a message if someone is enrolled in the course

how can I diaplay a message if someone is enrolled in the course

by Peter Evans -
Number of replies: 2
I have a site which I want guests to be able to see but i also want to encourage people to register and enrol to see additional features.

How can I conditionally display text depending on if they are enrolled in course e.g.

"Subscribe to receive the free newsletter and enter the draw for a ..."

The course is at http://www.baker-evans.com/community/course/view.php?id=6 if you want to see what I have done so far.

PeterEvans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Evans

Re: how can I diaplay a message if someone is enrolled in the course

by Mike Worth -
You could use html blocks and override permissions. Don't think you can do this with labels though

Mike
In reply to Mike Worth

Re: how can I diaplay a message if someone is enrolled in the course

by Peter Evans -
Thanks for the suggestions and I have used these to allow or disallow guests from reading forum posts.

In the interests of not continually reinventing wheels does anyone have an example of labels or other links to web pages that can be either displayed or hidden for guests or registered users e.g.

* if they are not registered then display a message saying "Register to receive a free newsletter"

* if they are registered then display "you will receive a monthly newsletter"

Are there other ways that this can be displayed or not displayed ... can Javascript be used to retrieve whether someone is registered in the course and then display the appropriate message.

Grateful for any assistance,
PeterEvans