Using images in side menu insetad of text

Using images in side menu insetad of text

by Burt Polesitter -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to use images in the side menu of moodle instead of the the icons that moodle provides and the text.

I have 7 scorm packages and not really liking the cardboard box icon with text explainng the package.

Can I just use 7 seperate images for the scorm packages instead of the cardboard box thing?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Burt Polesitter

Re: Using images in side menu insetad of text

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
well you could change the 'cardboard'  box icon to an image in the images folder of the particular theme you were using - but then it would be the same image for all 7 SCORM activities. Or you could do a workaround by uploading 7 separate images, putting them into a table or label and then hyperlinking them to the SCORM activities. If yoiur course has, say 7 topic sections and you make an 8th one - you can then put the 7 SCORM activities into it, get their urls to hyperlink to the images and then go back to the course settings and change the number of topics to 7. The links will work but they won't be visible on the page. It does seem a lot of effort though smile