the 'Enrol me in this course" link has dissapeared -- how can I redisplay it?

the 'Enrol me in this course" link has dissapeared -- how can I redisplay it?

by Peter Evans -
Number of replies: 5
I have a Moodle site which I want guests to be able to view most of the content. This is working well.

BUT I also want to encourage people to REGISTER on the site and also enrol in the courses they are interested in so they can see the rest of the contend and also post to the forums.

The setting on the individual course is:

Enrolment plugin: site default (Internal enrolment)
Course enrolable: yes
Availability: this course is available to students
Guest access: Allow guests without the key.

With these settings the "Enrol me in this course" link in the Admin block is visible if you have not registered on the site i.e. you are using guest login. But as soon you Register the "Enrol me in this course" link disappears. AUUUUGH!!

If you want to have a look at hte course you can do so at:
http://www.baker-evans.com/community/course/view.php?id=6

Any assistance will be VERY gratefully received,
PeterEvans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Evans

Re: the 'Enrol me in this course" link has dissapeared -- how can I redisplay it?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Might it not be because when you register you are enrolled into that course - so there is noneed for the 'enrol me in this course' link?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: the 'Enrol me in this course" link has dissapeared -- how can I redisplay it?

by Peter Evans -
No. I have registered with the site ... I am still to enrol into the course.

Below is a screen image showing that I am registered on the site and I have no "Enrol me..." link. My name is not shown in the list of participants or in any of the Roles pages under student.

Does anyone know:
  • any way to turn on the "Enrol me ..." link or
  • any way I might have accidently turned it off
The course is located at
http://www.baker-evans.com/community/course/view.php?id=6 (opens in new window)
if you want to investigate.

PeterEvans
Attachment no_enrol_me_link.gif
In reply to Peter Evans

by Peter Evans -
I've now investigated it a little more.

The URL under the "Enrol me in this course" link is
http://www.baker-evans.com/community/course/enrol.php?id=6

but when I go to this location when I am registered on the site the familiar
"You are about to enrol in this course" page
is NOT displayed

I suspect that I may have chaged a setting somewhere that means that people can't enrol in the course. Are there any settings anywhere that would prevent a regiestered user from being enrolled in a course?

The course settings are:
Enrolment plugin: site default (Internal enrolment)
Course enrolable: yes
Availability: this course is available to students
Guest access: Allow guests without the key.
In reply to Peter Evans

'Enrol me in this course" link is now available

by Peter Evans -
I'm not quite sure how I achieved this but people who have registered on the site can now see the "Enrol me in this course" link.

Things that I did were:
* reset all role overrides in SITE ADMINISTRATION > USERS > DEFINE ROLES
* untick and then tick AUTO-LOGIN GUEST in SITE ADMINISTRATION > USERS > PERMISSIONS > USER POLICIES

The goal is to have a course that everyone can see and then it they are interested encourage then to:

* register on the site
* enrol in the course (using the "confirm=1" parameter so they do not have to confirm the enrolment)

I've done this by creating the following links in a the course description e.g.

_Register_ and _join_ this site to receive the monthly eMarking Assistant newsletter contraining tips and hints.

You can see the site at http://www.baker-evans.com/community/course/view.php?id=6

In reply to Peter Evans

Re: 'Enrol me in this course" link is now available

by w dampier -
I'm having exactly the same problem ... once users crete an accoun there is no way for them to enroll in specific courses.

Anybody got any idea how Peter fixed this? I tried what he described, didn't work for me. I'm using Moodle 1.9.3

tia
bd