Student's permissions are being given to course creator

Student's permissions are being given to course creator

ni Jennifer Hudson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone,

I am not able to create a course with a course creator's login id. Following are the steps I did:
1.created a course with enrollment key using administrator's login id.
2.created a login id and assigned course creator's role to it in:
site administration-->Users-->Permissions-->Assign system roles.
3.in the course's roles, I had to assign course creator's role to it again.
4.when I logged in and navigated to the course with course creator's login id, it asked me the enrollment key. when I entered the enrollment key, it enrolled me as a student(in course's assign roles page, I was able to see the login id as course creator and also student) and I am not able to create any content in it.
5.I deleted the login id in student's role, but still the system is giving only student's privileges to this login id.
Can anyone please help me out?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Hudson

Re: Student's permissions are being given to course creator

ni Tim Hunt -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Documentation writers Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Peer reviewers Larawan ng Plugin developers
Course creators do not have any permissions within a course. That is why when you go there, you get asked to enrol as a student.

If you want someone to manage the running of the course, you should make them a teacher in the course.

When a course creator creates a new course, they are automatically made a teacher in it.