Enrolment key not working

Enrolment key not working

by H K -
Number of replies: 9

Hi

I have setup a course and assigned it an enrolment key. I have also assigned students to that course.  However when the student accesses the course, he is not asked to enter the enrolment key. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to H K

Re: Enrolment key not working

by Ian Robotham -
If a student is assigned the role of student then he/she is classed as enrolled in the course - thus they will not be prompted for the enrollment key, as you have manually enrolled them.

Any students searching the course list and clicking on the course name will be prompted for an enrollment key - this stops unwanted students enrolling in a course.
In reply to Ian Robotham

by H K -

Thanks for getting back to me Ian.

I have unassigned the individual as a student from the course.  He is still not asked to enter the enrollment key when he clicks on the course name.

In reply to H K

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Make sure you do not have any students assigned the role globally (users>permissions>assign system roles) and make sure your default user is Authenticated user and not student (permissions>user policies)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by H K -
There are no students assigned the student role globally and the default user is set to Authenticated user in the user policies window.  Issue is still occurring
In reply to H K

by jigar patel -
Same thing happening to me. I have not added the user manually. The user has registered from the registration page and when he/she clicks on the course, it does not ask for the enrollment key. Also that user can submit assignments for that course.

Other issue i have is, even though I enroll student to a course and create assignment. The registered student submits the assignment, still for the same group it says NO USER FOUND WITH PERMISSION TO SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT which is wired !!
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Enrolment key not working to MaryC

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Mary,
This maybe a cross post. Each course has an enrollment (enrolment) key. I have an issue where any authenticated user can get to any course. Was not the case before, is now.

I just changed front page role to authenticated user and will see if I can do the same for each course.

Of course I have to ask Why?
In reply to Chris Collman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It's not necessarily the front page role that should be authenticated user (should be "none" I think) but the default role for the whole site - in users>permissions>user policies. If that is set to student then it messes up -it should be authenticated user. It is ok to have it as student in the individual courses though. And did you check they didn't accidentally all get assigned system wide or category wide?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Shirley VerStraete -

FYI - I was having the same problem. Resolution was found!!! I had inadvertently included my test student in the "Manual enrollment" method.

By removing the student from the Manual enrollment using the Group Enrollment key worked fine to both enroll the student AND enroll them in the specific group.

Enjoy!