Help regarding translation!!- General

Help regarding translation!!- General

by an me -
Number of replies: 1
I am completely new to translation & am getting confused...the following is my query:

Is it possible to add new translation strings (say for a language like Hindi whose hin_utf8 file is available) manually to a moodle site??...if yes how is it done??..I tried adding new strings to moodle.php... like $string['Users'] ='<corresponding hindi word>';.....but nothing worked out!!.. .which tools should I use??
Average of ratings: -
In reply to an me

Re: Help regarding translation!!- General

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

reading your another post I would say you finally managed to install the language pack (would be nice to put a reply here even you found the answer to your question yourself).

There is no need to edit PHP source code manually. And actually editing lang/en_utf8/ files is wrong. Go to the server administration > Languages and you should find all needed tools there.