Update v.1.4 Beta problem

Update v.1.4 Beta problem

by Crescenciano Olvera -
Number of replies: 11

Hi everybody,

My firts Moodle 1.3.3 instalation was made from Fantastico and is working wellI, I was yesterday updating my moodle software to the 1.4 Beta version, in a few lines I update the software with the follow actions: I rename my moodle directory to oldmoodle, I upload the new version and copy the configuration file, the themes files and the uploadmoodle directory, all the installation  work well, the software updated everything and do not sent any error advice.

But when I open Moodle, I receive the next warning:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers alredy sent by (output started at/home/sintegr/public_html/moodle/config.php:187) in /home/sintegr/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 693.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers alredy sent by (output started at/home/sintegr/public_html/moodle/config.php:187) in /home/sintegr/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 694.

After that Moodle opens well, Can somebody help me with this problem?

I will appreciate every atention to this issue, Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Crescenciano Olvera

Re: Update v.1.4 Beta problem

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Cpanel editing will add blank lines to the config.php file.  Make sure there are no blank lines.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Crescenciano Olvera -

Hi Martin,

I edit the config.php file and you all rigth I delete two lines at the end of the file, I open moodle and I do not receive the Warnings, this issue solved, Thank you very much,

Regards

In reply to Crescenciano Olvera

by Ger Tielemans -

Another 1.4 beta (august 30)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle\mod\wiki\filter.php on line 97

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ger Tielemans -

Question: Can I run safely a test moodle on the same server as the prod moodle if I change:

• prefix in the table
  • install dir of moodle
  • data dir of moodle

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not seeing that ...

by Ger Tielemans -

It is a clean CVS (august 31, early in Europe) on easyphp17/win2000.

I will try to install the new release on the same spot (and on RedHatValhalla Linux) and will report the results.

Re: Update v.1.4 NO PROBLEM

by Ger Tielemans -

download release of august 31 1.4+ does not have this problem under easyphp17/win2000  (I took the .tgz)

After installing Active Perl, Algebra works also fine with the included mimetex.exe ..

by Martin Dougiamas -
I suspect you have some hacks in your local CVS version ...

by Ger Tielemans -
No, The second one (from early august 31) was a clean CVS, I only left the CVS info in the main dir and cleaned the rest of the moodle tree, so Tortoise could be started by right-clicking the " greenish tortoise" folder of Moodle. It installed a complete new tree with exact the same error as the previous "old" synch.

Strange, I will try in several days a new CVS synch in a new folder and will see if I get the same. (1.4+ works fine in the same folder, so it are not the local conditions either..)