Unable to implement constructivism

Re: Unable to implement constructivism

by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Joe - Thanks for clarifying. It is morning and I think my brain is somewhat more functional. I see what you mean that emails not being sent out from forum posts impedes the effectiveness by which Moodle can be used. I am not sure that most folks would understand when to post something in a Social constructionist forum and when to post something in the Forums forum. The logical place for me is to post in the module that is causing the problem. It can get challenging as some problems have a more universal nature to them (like emailing stuff out) but I think it is best for folks to think locally - that is to say, in what area am I experiencing this issue and to report it there. In your case, it was within forums and someone else may have difficulties or improvements for emailing out notices from the database module. Sometimes we create a meta-issue in the tracker to pull together such things but it tends to be the exception. There are of course many, many ways to categorize the issues and considering the complexity of Moodle I think the current system is pretty good but we are always open to suggestions and new forums if needed. Your approach of asking here on the forums is a good place to start to get a sense of how others feel. I personally don't think the social constructionist forum is needed at this point but there are over a half million other Moodlers who may have different ideas so let's see what folks think and if it seems like something the community wants/needs then we can file an issue for the MDLSITE project in the tracker. Thanks for your patience in helping me to understand your ideas and please keep fresh ideas coming. Peace - Anthony