Quiz Scores, Feedback, Etc not Available to Students 1.8

Quiz Scores, Feedback, Etc not Available to Students 1.8

by Aaron Johnson -
Number of replies: 3
We recently upgraded from 1.6 to the latest stable version of 1.8 (on Jan. 09) and are having the following problem with our quiz module. Students can review a quiz immediately after taking it and are able to see scores, feedback, general feedback, etc; however, after that initial review, they can no longer access it. The "Attempt #1" text becomes black instead of blue, and does not allow access to the review page

This is the case no matter what is checked in the "Students May Review" area in quiz settings.

My thought is that there is something overriding these setting, making them null.
This is true for quizzes made in the 1.6 version that were migrated and it is true for every new quiz that we create using our upgraded system.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Johnson

Re: Quiz Scores, Feedback, Etc not Available to Students 1.8

by E. L. Cooper -

I am not 100% on 1.8 since I have not used it in about a year but in 1.9 there  are a series of setting and I think it is the same... ah heck I'll do a screen shot thing

the screen shot thing

There is also a setting under activities-manage activites-quizes for a site wide setting

In reply to Aaron Johnson

by E. L. Cooper -

After I posted last night another possible issue occurred to me. I remember there is some sort of bug with CLOZE questions and feedback. I was assuming your test is basically multi choice and T/F but if it has one of the more esoteric formats it might be separate issue. I am also thinking a simple test of a single quiz backed up then uploaded and restored on a fresh install of 1.8 might prove illuminating as to if the problem is with your upgrade or the result of an actual bug.

In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Aaron Johnson -
Thanks, We'll try that and see what we get.