Email Confirmation Won't Go Away after Upgrade

Email Confirmation Won't Go Away after Upgrade

by Jonathan Krainak -
Number of replies: 12

I upgraded last  night to fix a problem (guest access wasn't working).  Now guest access works, but new ldap users cannot login.

For example, if you user 8012 logs in with their correct password (authenticated against my active directory via ldap) they get the message:

You need to confirm your login

An email should have been sent to your address at

It contains easy instructions to complete your registration.

If you continue to have difficulty, contact the site administrator.

This is odd because A.  Active Directory does not contain any email information for the students so it cannot be emailing them anyway. B. Because I'm not using email confirmation or email authentication.

any help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Krainak

Re: Email Confirmation Won't Go Away after Upgrade

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle version?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jonathan Krainak -

Moodle 1.4 beta (2004082900)

PHP Version 4.3.3

System Windows NT PREPNT 5.0 build 2195
Build Date Aug 24 2003 22:01:16
Server API CGI/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINNT\php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety enabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

Thanks so much for you reply

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Can I please have some confirmation and testing of this by other people using MOODLE_14_STABLE on LDAP?

by Thomas Haynes -
I upgraded to the 1.4 late beta yesterday, and got a flood of emails about these errors today. This is version 2004082900.

I am using the pop3 authentication.

I'll upgrade to latest version in the AM (when no one is online)  and tell them to try again.

I upgraded to 2004082900 and solved the guest login problem.
In reply to Thomas Haynes

by Thomas Haynes -
I "upgraded" to the latest 1.4. The version number was the same, so I incremented the version.php number and changed the /lib/db/mysql.php to reflect my new number and added my calculated columns lines from the gradebook.zip mod.

I copied the  gradebook course and lang files and then went to /admin. It now reflects that I am running 2004082903.

FWIW, the 1.4 latest that I got was slighty larger than the old one I had although the version numbers were the same when I checked.

I'll let you know if I stop getting the error.
In reply to Thomas Haynes

by Martin Dougiamas -
Thanks, Thomas.

I would think gradebook has nothing to do with the login problem but would appreciate if you could let us know how the logins are going.

by Thomas Haynes -
I lead Morning Prayer at 7, but I will get back to you before my 9:20 class about the login here in our pop3 authentication environment.

I wanted to make sure I mentioned the gradebook. I didn't see how it could influence anything, but I figured the extra data point couldn't hurt.

by Martin Dougiamas -
I can't see the problem, don't have an LDAP server to test with, and release is a few hours away ... can I have some help on this one please?

It's potentially quite serious ..

by Martin Dougiamas -
I've built an IMAP test server and am working on it ... the good news is I found the bug (which happens when new accounts have just been created via external authentication) and I've fixed it in CVS. smile

It was something I introduced in the recent improvements to the authentication process . blush

by Jonathan Krainak -

Thanks for looking into this - should i download the latest beta and upgrade again? 

jk

by Martin Dougiamas -
You can download 1.4 final in half an hour.  smile

by Jonathan Krainak -

Thanks very much - upgrading to the latest beta fixed my guest problem and my ldap problem

jk