User cannot log into chat on main site

User cannot log into chat on main site

by g k -
Number of replies: 6

For some reason, my users cannot log into chats located on the main page on my site. It keeps prompting that they must enroll in a course to chat.  Does this mean chats outside of courses will not work properly.  I am running v1.4 beta

PS...they are able to chat in courses.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: User cannot log into chat on main site

by Gustav W Delius -

This should only happen to people who are not yet in any of your courses. As far as Moodle is concerned, only people who are enrolled in or teaching on at least one course (and the admins) are site users. The chat is only open to site users.

To see how this rule on who is a site user was arrived at see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=8452#53473.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by g k -
OK...so I created a user and enrolled him into one of my classes. I then went back to the site and tried to get into the chat room.  It still says, "You have to enroll in one of the courses before you can use the site activities", eventhough I created the user manually and enrolled him myself.mixed
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by g k -
Is there a fix of this yet?
In reply to g k

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
We tested all major modules yesterday on the front page with 1.4 final and chat worked for us.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by g k -

I am running 1.4 beta

Should I just copy over the chat modules from 1.4 final to fix the problem?