building a library of graded work

Re: building a library of graded work

by Paul Ganderton -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Peter,

An interesting case. It depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you want to ensure common moderation across staff within a faculty then you could set up a module within a course than only teachers could see (i.e. just hide it). Alternatively, agreeing in some part with Elena, you could try using a Wiki-style repository.

If you use Moodle then you could set up the graded piece of work as an offline assignment. Then, staff can put their grades/thoughts on the piece and compare notes afterwards. I use this with my students whereby each student uploads a piece of work and everyone else grades it (with comments/reasons) and I comment on the entire effort and upload that for them to see. This turns all my students into markers (how can they reach a standard if they can't recognise it?).

Alternatively, if you want to show standards (to students or staff) then just upload the example with comments. For each task my students see the current requirements and then they can go to a similar (i.e. last year's) task, see what was written, view the feedback those students were given, and then see examples of the best work (suitably anonymised).

Hope this helps.

Paul