Take quiz

Take quiz

by Larry Jones -
Number of replies: 11

I created 2 question and then a quiz and inserted the question.

Then started the quiz.  All can do is preview.  How do I let the student take the quiz?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Jones

Re: Take quiz

by Larry Jones -
I figured it out.
In reply to Larry Jones

by I B -
Hello,
I have the same problem. I did read the links that were suggested but still no luck.

I login using a fake student account but all i can see is "preview quiz" and not "attempt quiz"

all I found was this http://docs.moodle.org/en/Capabilities/mod/quiz:attempt but how do i get there to change the settings?

I'd appreciate any suggestions!
In reply to I B

by Kelly Pryce -
Is your fake student account enrolled in the course the quiz is in?
In reply to Kelly Pryce

by I B -
yes.
In reply to I B

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi there
Can you confirm which role your fake student has? If this user has been assigned with a role that allows the Preview quizzes [mod/quiz:preview] permission? This is what the teachers role has which provides the 'Preview' button rather than the 'Attempt' button.

Is it possible you have the test account assigned with a student AND a teacher role at either course, category or site level? This might affect the functionality for this user.

Cheers
Teresa
In reply to I B

by I B -
*bump*

anyone please?
In reply to I B

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi there
Can you confirm which role your fake student has? If this user has been assigned with a role that allows the Preview quizzes [mod/quiz:preview] permission? This is what the teachers role has which provides the 'Preview' button rather than the 'Attempt' button.

Is it possible you have the test account assigned with a student AND a teacher role at either course, category or site level? This might affect the functionality for this user.

Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by I B -
it's been assigned to student role only! this is why it's so strange! sad
In reply to I B

by Daniel McCloy -
I know it's an obvious suggestion, but is the quiz open to students? In other words, did you set an open date for the quiz that is still in the future, or a close date that is already in the past?

That wouldn't explain why a student sees a "preview" button, but it would explain why they don't see an "attempt" button. The more I think about it, the more it seems like your "test student" account somehow got higher than student level priveleges.
In reply to Daniel McCloy

by I B -
yes, the quiz is open to students.

I still can't figure this out... I've checked the role of my student but nothing wrong there!