General plugins

Picture of Daniel Lombardo
Re: 回复: Crot: a new block for plagiarism detection.

Hi Zhong

If you are talking about the peer to peer assessment version of this plugin, you might be interested in this:

http://igg.me/at/update-crot/x/3132962

I will be paying for it to be updated for version 2.4 and 2.5 in about 4 days - a contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

D

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dan Wheaton

I have just stumbled across this after a recent moodle test upgrade.

Any update on the new version ? We would have been happy to contribute, and can do so after the fact if possible.

Picture of Daniel Lombardo

There is news, I got the quote from Crot Software and will move ahead with the development.

Thank you kindly for your support. That's good because I realized my mistake was setting the time on Indiegogo too brief, so I may open it again. It was a good experience using this service, but we could just about do the same crowd-sourcing directly here in moodle.org with Paypal in the future. Perhaps a forum just for that.

Please contact me via a private message if you would like to go on my mailing list for the project.

Picture of Augustine Ugi

Can Someone bail me out? I have a school project on moodle due by monday....I am running version 2.3 and am using crot pro, I have not had any cron run successfully at all, I dont know where the issue is coming from  but here is the error I get.

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.23
Content-type: text/html

Direct access to this script is forbidden.

I get that error when the cron attempts to run.....

sad

Picture of Crotsoftware Team

this error is not Crot Pro related. you just need to make sure you run cron properly. 

Picture of Augustine Ugi

Could you guide me pleeeeeeees? if this is a server problem please can you help tell me what to do?

Picture of Crotsoftware Team

Picture of Augustine Ugi

Now I get an internal server error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nugitech.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.nugitech.com Port 80

Picture of Daniel Villareal

is there any chance of getting the source atleast comparing local assignment only for moodle 2.5? thanks...

Picture of Sergey Butakov

yes, we are working on it. Local comparison already works for 2.5. the only remaining bug is proper display of the comparison results for type-in assignment. 

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

thank you sir im looking forward to it....

sir i already test the latest crot.

but i can't enable and disable it. i already modify the table names to install it properly thanks I attach the modified crot plugin. Thanks

Daniel,

its difficult to figure out remotely why you con't enable the plugin. 

We tested new version on 2.3-2.5 w/o any problems. Make sure you complete ALL the steps in README

ok sir i'll test it again..

Hi sir sergey

i already did a fresh installation of moodle 2.5 on a test server and i test crot and the same problem arises.. sad is there any way? thanks

Daniel,

No we haven't changed the table name. That error is easy to fix in xmldb settings - see forum messages here. 

As for enabling: I can't give any other advice except making sure that you completed ALL the steps in the README. 

Daniel,

I figured out what could be the problem. You may want to purge caches in admin interface to make crot available.

I updated README with that suggestion.  

hi sergey.. thanks for sharing the tricks now crot is working with purging the caches

Picture of Clinton Branscombe
Crot: Previous year's submissons?

I too had difficulty seeing Crot in any assignment after it was enabled until the cache was purged.  After that, no problem.

My question is this: is it possible to upload previous work from deleted courses (in other words, last year's assignments)?  No material is being shared with an outside agency.  To me, identifying the name of the source that was borrowed from is not as significant as the fact that the material is plagiarized.

If this is possible, where is the best place to place the old files so that Crot can use them to search against?

CAB

Re: Crot: Previous year's submissons?

well, you can create a course, create an assignment in it and upload all your previous files there as a student. please be advised that the 1st time you run crot it may take too long to process many files so cron will timeout. I'd suggest to upload up to 20-30 files and run cron before uploading next chunk. 

-- Sergey

global search

is it posible to use the bing search even though it is not free? thanks

Re: global search

Daniel,

please READ the forum BEFORE posting your questions. Look for my comments on this posted on May 21, 2012, 3:02 AM

hi sergey

did you change the table names to install the crot properly? thanks

Picture of Eric Mack

Everyone,  I'm trying to install CROT but receive the following error.  

Error English language file name mismatch The given add-on type is missing the expected English language file block_crot.php.

Am I doing something wrong?  I used the install plugins>add-ons> installed as block from the zip file plagiarism_crot_moodle25_2013061400.  I'm new to Moodle and I know little to nothing about software.  thanks, Eric