Manual Grading error

Manual Grading error

by Thomas Brown -
Number of replies: 2

I created a new grade item, but it's appeance is not hyperlinked. Thus I cannot click on it to see all the students.

So, I created another new grade item as a quiz. Now I can click on it, and choose show all students. Then when I go to manual grade, I get the following error message:

No manually graded questions found

Error occurred during pre-processing!

Clicking "continue" kicks me out of the course, back to the site's front page.

How can I create a gradebook item for an assignment doen outside of Moodle, and manually enter the grades? How do I get the list of students to show for a manually created grade item? And why do I get the above error?

I'm running Moodle 1.9XX something -- don't know where to look for the exact v. number.

tnx....

In reply to Thomas Brown

Re: Manual Grading error

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Thomas,

You can create a gradebook item for as assignment done outside of Moodle by creating an Offline activity. Alternatively, you can create a grade item (as you have done) and add grades and feedback by turning editing on in the grader report. Please see the grader report documentation for further information.

Regarding the error message "No manually graded questions found", I guess this was because your quiz didn't contain any essay questions (the only quiz question type which is not marked automatically).

Regarding finding your Moodle version number, please see Moodle version.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Manual Grading error

by Thomas Brown -
Tnx mucho Helen. I tried both of your suggestions:

1. I added an essay question to the quiz I had created, but it didn't work, because there were no quiz submissions through Moodle. It did eliminate the error message that booted me out of the course, though.

2. The "offline activity" assignment worked. This must be the only functional path into Gradebook for a grade generated outside Moodle.

Thanks again, Thomas