Things you can do with a database if you only find a good enough reason to do them

Things you can do with a database if you only find a good enough reason to do them

von Itamar Tzadok -
Anzahl Antworten: 4
This one is a "progress report". In this particular case each entry is a module under development and each module has three components. Each component may be assigned the following statuses: Not_Started, In_Progress, Completed, Maintenance. The main point here is the visual effect in the list view. The effect is produced by adding to the css template css classes with the statuses as class names and background-color definitions (e.g. .Not_Started {background-color:#ff6666;}), and adding to the td element in the table of the list view the class property with the fields value (e.g. <td class="||item1Status||">||item1Status||</td> (|| stands for square brackets))

lächelnd

Anhang data-progressreport1.png
Mittelwert:Useful (2)
Als Antwort auf Itamar Tzadok

Re: Things you can do with a database if you only find a good enough reason to do them

von Helen Foster -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Documentation writers Nutzerbild von Moodle HQ Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers Nutzerbild von Translators
Itamar, thanks for your database activity idea - the list view looks great! approve

Any chance you could provide a template of the database to make it easy for others to use your idea?
Als Antwort auf Helen Foster

Re: Things you can do with a database if you only find a good enough reason to do them

von Itamar Tzadok -
Sure I'll post it soon. By the way this idea is probably more a teaching tip and trick then a teaching strategy so perhaps it should be moved to the "Teaching tips and tricks" forum. At any rate I have a couple of more TYCDWDIYOFGERTDTs which I'll post sometime soon next to this thread wherever I find it. lächelnd

von Helen Foster -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Documentation writers Nutzerbild von Moodle HQ Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers Nutzerbild von Translators
Moving to teaching tips and tricks as suggested...

von Stephen Overall -

I'd love to see the preset for this very interesting database setup and idea also. I realize I'm pulling on an old thread here, but please post the preset if you still have it at hand. Thanks!