Disabling emails to students when I enter grades

Disabling emails to students when I enter grades

by Martina Scheer -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

How can I disable the automatic email that is being sent to the students after I enter a grade in the gradebook? There are a lot of tiny assignments and I don't want to clutter students' email boxes with all these small assignments.

thanks for your help

M*

In reply to Martina Scheer

Re: Disabling emails to students when I enter grades

by Nicolas Connault -
Actually there is no code in the gradebook that can send emails to students, this is a function of the assignment module. I don't think this can be switched off. You may want to create a tracker issue (feature request) for this.
In reply to Martina Scheer

by Tiffany Morgan -
Hi Martina
What version of Moodle are you using? I have actually been trying to find away to turn this feature ON in version 1.9 and from what I have read its seems this feature was dropped...

In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Matt Campbell -
On the assignment submissions page, if you check the 'quick grading' box and save your preferences, it will enable a 'send notifications' checkbox. Check or uncheck this to control whether or not emails are sent out when the assignment submission is graded.

If you are not using quick grading, you should see the send notifications checkbox for each individual submission, under the HTML editor used for feedback.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Bob Walberg -

Matt (or anyone out there in Moodle land),

I have checked the "send notification emails" box, but students are not getting the notification emails.  It works the other way--I get an email notification that a student has submitted an assignment.  Can you help?

In reply to Bob Walberg

by Mary Beth McKee -
When you create an assignment, there is a toggle that determines if the instructor receives an email when assignments are submitted. Click to update the assignment, and look for 'Email alerts to teachers.' Set this to NO.
In reply to Bob Walberg

by P J -
I'm having the same problem. I want students to be notified by email but they aren't. Students can get other emails generated from the system. (using 1.9.3). I'd appreciate any insights. Thank you!
In reply to P J

by P J -
My cron job was set to run infrequently. The cron job now runs every 15 minutes and that solved my problem. Thanks!
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Martina Scheer -
thanky guys,

we are using 1.9 right now and I think it was related to entering the grades in the assignment vs. directly in the grade book

thank you!
M*