Powerpoint to lesson... how do I modify?

Powerpoint to lesson... how do I modify?

by Frank Park -
Number of replies: 2
I uploaded the zipped PP file to a lesson.. Its great and all but I noticed the "Next" button is on the left, and "Previous" Button is on the right. How do I change this as a group, not one by one? Also, how can I change the font to a larger size as a group, not one by one? If anyone can help, that would be great. You would be saving me, and maybe others a bunch of time. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Park

Re: Powerpoint to lesson... how do I modify?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Frank,
Think we need some expert advice here. Those buttons do not follow "western logic" where next should be on right and previous be on the left. Just checked on demo.moodle. Definitely a code issue at the point of import. How did I miss that?

Are you talking about changing the font after content has been imported into a lesson page and you are viewing it? Or how to do that in PPT (View> Master> slide Master) prior to content?

Need help here as well from a master. Changing the default fonts can be done site wide, could be adding a course Theme might work because it think themes have their own CSS . Idle speculation on my part.

PHP code, if you can get to it for your site. I got brave and went into the Import PPT.php code in moodle/mod/lesson in one of my test Moodle localhosts. The code was the same for both for 1.5 and for 1.9 sites.

I did a search in ImportPPT.php for "Previous" to get to the correct section. I basically traded positions of the jump command lines
$answer->jumpto = LESSON_PREVIOUSPAGE;
$answer->jumpto = LESSON_NEXTPAGE;
and traded positions of the button label lines
$answer->answer = "Previous";
$answer->answer = "Next";

This needs to be checked by someone who understands PHP better than me. I put it up on Tracker MDL-18239.

• Of historical interest, is that the fields are called "answers", which comes from the early design concept of Lesson. Branch tables were grade neutral questions with different buttons, seemingly an early added feature to the standard question page types.
Very timely post for me. I am getting ready to (I hope) translated 100 pages of nicely formatted word doc and import parts of it into PPTs, so I can create a series of lessons and lesson pages. I want text instead of a jpg picture of a PPT page. That would be a drag to go back and change each description button and jump!

Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Powerpoint to lesson... how do I modify?

by Frank Park -
Yes, thanks for the input Chris. I am trying to enlarge the font on the actual lesson page I am viewing. Changing the font site wide might cause some issues. I just want the flashcards to have bigger fonts (about 36 font) so students can see better.
As for the buttons, I do not want to mess with any PHP codes, though seems like it would be the quickest solution.

Anyone else have anything to add?