I am able to make payments but then I get a message saying
"Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "January Course". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator"
The student is never allowed to log in unless I manually enroll them into the course.
Am I missing something?
If you search moodle forums for "Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed" you will get quite a few hits with possible solutions.
The most likely is that you have set a setting in Paypal which says that the payment requires approval before being OK'ed... See: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=115275 and my response.
Are you getting the e-mail from ipn.php mentioned in the above post?
1. login to you pay pal account and go to:
myaccount ( tab ) > profile ( sub link - click it )
2. on this page you are going to setup the IPN ( Instant Payment Notification ) Preferences
look for this link and click. You need to turn this feature to ON! and supply a URL that points back to your moodle site, a specific file in the PP module, an example:
Save your changes.
3. Make a new course, give it proper enrollment settings and a charge a dollar for it.
4. Go to your site as a new customer and test out purchasing the course. You typically will 4.1 make a new account and 4.2 Then purchase the course.
5. Check all email, paypal site etc. - enjoy auto enroll.
Thanks for all the help
I'm trying to make a course paypal-enrollable. However, the first item on your list above does not check out:I do not have IPN preferences link in my profile.
Does it indicate I do not have the right status (merchant account)?
I'm just starting with this PP-Moodle thing, and I also didn't find the aforementioned IPN link, so I guess one needs to have a business account.
Searching around, the following path took me to the last link:
Tab: Merchant Tools
Menu: Developers > Developer Community:
Menu: Dev tools > Get information and reports > IPN:
Hope this helps.
Along with the links from my previous post, I think these might help to understand what many of us need to get started with the PP enrolment system. Cheers!
I posted this on another forum, but thought you might know.
I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm trying to use paypal to auto enrol students. Here are the steps I need the students to go through:
- Go to a specific html page and select the course they want.
- Once selected they click on the Paypal Buynow button and it takes them to paypal.
- They complete the paypal transaction and pay for the class.
- student is auto enrolled into the class they chose and paid for.
- student is sent an email with their moodle UN and PW.
- Student retrievs UN and PW from their email and then logs into the course.
Is this possible? It seems like it should be, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it. I'm running moodle 1.9.9.
I got the other way to work just fine - Go to moodle site > create account > choose course > pay for course on Paypal > gain access to class.
I have to track who enrolled the students so that is why they must choose the class they want on a specific html page in step 1 above.
Any help you or anyone else can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Your advice was very helpful.