What means the column modifierid in the table mdl_role_assignments? This column habe any relation with other table?

What means the column modifierid in the table mdl_role_assignments? This column habe any relation with other table?

by Josafá Jr -
Number of replies: 4
Hi everybody, my english is very bad but I'll try to explain what I want.

I want to make manual inserts in tha table mdl_role_assignments and I want to know if the field modifierid have ralation with other table and what this mean, is this an automatic number generated when the user modifie his own profile?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josafá Jr

Re: What means the column modifierid in the table mdl_role_assignments? This column habe any relation with other table?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Don't worry about it. That column is for information only. It indicates who made the role assignment, but it does not matter if you leave it blank.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: What means the column modifierid in the table mdl_role_assignments? This column habe any relation with other table?

by Josafá Jr -
Thaks!
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jamal Aruna -

Greetings,

So Tim i assume there's nothing wrong directly inserting into this table right?

In reply to Jamal Aruna

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't know. Go and read the role_assing function in lib/accesslib.php, and see what else it does that might be important.