Flexible Page format - no pages found

Flexible Page format - no pages found

by René Sadae -
Number of replies: 10
I had my administrator install the Flexible Page format (for v1.9). But when I went into settings, selected it, and saved it, it now says...

"No pages with content were found. Please contact your instructor or course administrator."

So, it may be that I need to follow some instructions, but...whenever I select this course, it immediately gives me this error message with no other option other than "continue". And when I do, it sends me back to my Moodle homepage.

René
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to René Sadae

Re: Flexible Page format - no pages found

by Ken Robinson -
I'm now running into the same issue. Anyone have any luck with this?
In reply to René Sadae

by Camilo Rivera -
are you guys using the page format template? or another template? also what version of moodle?

In reply to Camilo Rivera

by Ken Robinson -
I am using the page format template. Additionally, the version number is: 1.9.4.

Thanks
In reply to René Sadae

by Ken Robinson -
This has something to do with setting permissions for the context. Not sure exactly what, as I'm not a strong moodle user but I'm hoping someone can shed light on to how to properly set permissions for this context.

In reply to Ken Robinson

by Ken Robinson -
Ok, finally figured this one out. This appears to be a misconfiguration of the Course Creator role. Here is how we solved this one.

1. Log in as an administrator.
2. From the navigatin menu, select: Users-->, Permissions-->, Define Roles-->
3. Upon load of this page, locate the section with the heading "Course"
4. Change the radio button to allow for each of the following permissions:

Add New Pages, Edit Pages and Page Settings, Use Manage Pages Settings, View Hide/Show Pages (Modules) Settings

Now the permissions within this context should be added and this problem should be resolved.

Let me know how it works.

Ken Robinson
Trajectory Learning
In reply to Ken Robinson

by Andreja T -

Unfortunately, this is not helpful – I can’t find any of Ken described – on the screen there is only information “No pages with content were found. Please contact your instructor or course administrator” and the button “continue”. Pressing that, lead me to front page, where I can enroll my other courses, edit profile (I tried everything there - changing roles, etc, but without luck), or go back to the troubled one course whit the same loop. I didn’t find link for Permissions and Defining roles, and the Courses just link courses where I’m enrolled. And of course, there are no administrators or any e-mails... sad So... help needed!

In reply to Andreja T

by Dave Dannenberg -

Andreja,

I had the exact same problem. It is problem with role permissions. You need to modify the teacher role, or have an admin do it, to allow teachers to create and modify pages.

Course
Add New Pagesformat/page:addpages

Edit Pages and Page Settingsformat/page:editpages

Use Manage Pages Settingsformat/page:managepages

View Hide/Show Pages (Modules) Settingsformat/page:viewpagesettings

Setting these to "allow" in the teacher role should be all you need to do.

Dave

In reply to Dave Dannenberg

by Andreja T -

Thanks for fast respond, Dave.

The problem is that I'm new in this and I'm using (I hope I will write right) only web variant of moodle, which means that I tried to download the whole package, but I'm lost. And as I'm just using web browser I don't see possibility to write commands, although I understand what are you saying... I guess I need somehow to raise possibilities of editing in my teacher role or to gain administrative one ...

In reply to Andreja T

by Dave Dannenberg -

Well, if you can on the home page of the site, try to follow this path... Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles. You will then need to edit the teacher role to allow the activities I put in my first post.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I have been traveling most of the day.

In reply to Dave Dannenberg

by Andreja T -

I looked it on that was well, but couldn't find it... it seems that this toll is quite complex, but I'm learning smile

Anyway, I manged to get help from locals here - some (hidden) administrator, who reset the Theme on the Topic format, instead the one causing problems...

Many thanks for your help, and for the topic, if someone is using the web based version only (don't know if I'm correct in expression), than, by my opinion, the only way is to contact administrators.... or at least to gain Administrator rights.