how to let all the text translate to english

how to let all the text translate to english

by 昆翰 杜 -
Number of replies: 9

Hello everybody , I am a new moodle user , I have a  big problem, I use the chinese moodle when i click the english button and the all topic  translate to english. But the text don't translate . Though I click the chinese and the all topic and all text should translate back to chinese . How can i do that ? Write the new php or use the plugin?

Please give me some direction

Average of ratings: -
In reply to 昆翰 杜

回應: how to let all the text translate to english

by 昆翰 杜 -

I use the moodle is 1.8X edition

In reply to 昆翰 杜

Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

please try to describe your issue more precisely. Provide us a step by step instructions how to reproduce it, what was expected and what actually happens. Attach a screenshot illustrating this.

d.
In reply to David Mudrák

回應: Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by 昆翰 杜 -

Sorry , i repeat the problem , I install the moodle and use the Chinese package . When I log in it is ok. But I click the language is English , and try to log in .The all topic are English ,but the other word are Chinese . Is it innormal ?If not ,how can I translate the all words form Chinese to English ?  The version is moodle 1.87

In reply to 昆翰 杜

Re: 回應: Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
You really have to describe your problem better. We are willing to help, but we can't with a better description of the probem. What I got (and correct me if I'm wrong)
  • You installed Moodle, choosing Chinese in the installer
  • When you login it is ok - What is ok? Do you see the site in English or Chinese?
  • When you select English and then login, Moodle will display in the language you choose during installation, unless you have set another language in your profile (or changed the site language in the administration block)
  • The Moodle interface, help files etc have a Chinese translation. The content (=what is put in Moodle, by you, a student, a teacher) is not translated automatically.

In reply to koen roggemans

回應: Re: 回應: Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by 昆翰 杜 -
    What I really want is to have the content put in Moodle (for example, the course structure)  be translated automatically from English to Chinese , and vice versa.  If Moodle does not automatically do this, is there any other way around it? Say, is it possible to modify the Moodle source code to make the things happen in the way we want?
In reply to 昆翰 杜

Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
No, Moodle is not able to translate your course content automatically. If it was we would not have language packs, translators or even this forum wink Please note that all texts displayed at any Moodle page are either
  1. text strings being part of Moodle user interface. These are English by default and some of them (or maybe almost all of them - I haven't checked) may be translated into Chinese. If a string has not been translated yet, it remains in English. See Translation for more info about Moodle localization.
  2. or the content that your teachers and students inserted into Moodle (as resources, forum posts etc.). There is a way to create multilingual content however. See Multilanguage filter for details.

HTH
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by 昆翰 杜 -
thanks your advice
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: how to let all the text translate to english

by ajay jetti -
Hi all , i have a question, i know i should create a new post, i will as soon as i get a reply....

Im new to moodle, i require to integrate some more functionality into moodle (for eg Payroll system for school, attendance tracking etc) . Is it possible to modify moodle source code and introduce new things into it without disturbing the other partsw of moodle? if yes, can u give a starting point as in how to go about doing it.

Regards
Ajay