Installation Problem Need Assistance- 2

Installation Problem Need Assistance- 2

by Joshua S -
Number of replies: 5

I have done everything I have been instructed to. I deleted the databaes and deleted the files. reloaded Moodle and set up the database. I am still getting as far as I was. Even using the php.ini file in the main moodle directory.

Reall need further assistance. I am on a deadline and help would be appritiated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua S

Re: Installation Problem Need Assistance- 2

by John Gone -
Have you followed all of the instructions given to you in your other post? Including this from W Page:
In reply to John Gone

by Joshua S -

Yes to the T....

I still get to the page where is says

Setting up block tables,  activity_modules  Activities tables have been set up correctly

And that s all it does.

I have reinstalled the database, reloaded all the files, and placed the php.ini (16MB) in the main moodle directory.

Thanks for your assistance, if you have any suggestions.

In reply to Joshua S

by W Page -
Joshua, In my Email to you I said to go back to the original conditions which included the commented memory line in the .htaccess file.  Please check to see if that line is now uncommented.

Also, when you attempted to install again did you download a "fresh" compressed Moodle file?  Something may not have decompressed properly and there may be some "bad" files in there.

John, this is such a puzzler to me.  I am hoping Martin, Bryan, Elroy or Gustav see this post and can offer some other solutions.  I just cannot think of what else could be causing this.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi W & Joshua,

your comments seem to be correct. You need a .htaccess file (with the dot!), it has to be readable for the webserver (644 perms) and it has to contain a line with: php_value memory_limit "16M".

This should be enough to have your Moolde server running with 16M. To confirm that this setting is running correctly you can create a test.php containing one line with: <?php phpinfo() ?> and invoke it from your browser. There you'll see all your PHP configuration and you'll can verify that your .htaccess is working.

Finally note than some host-providers don't allow to have your own .htaccess files. Then you'll have to contact with them to solve the problem...

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by W Page -
Thanks Elroy!  This one is a "head scratcher".

Would also like to add as you have previously indicated, maybe Joshua should try the installation after removing some of the larger modules like the Workshop, etc..

WP1