Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

by Enrique Robredo -
Number of replies: 6
Hi, I have problems whith nanogong into my Moodle and in http://gong.ust.hk/moodle/ too. I have "Failed to initialized audio recorder" message and "Failed to open incompatible/unavailable voice data". Could you help me?

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Enrique Robredo

Re: Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Enrique - My experience of working with java based apps is that it may be something with your local system. What OS are you using? Are you otherwise able to use the microphone with other programs? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Jonathan Konrad -
Just to echo Anthony and Lukasz, we've run into the error you mention above several times, and it's always been something on the local machine. Start with checking sound outside of nanogong as Anthony said then fix accordingly. We've had it break most often at the sound driver level, but occasionally re-installing Java has been necessary.

Jon

Odp: Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

by Łukasz Sanokowski -
Install latest Java Runtime Enviroment ( www.java.com/getjava/ ) on your local computer and try again. Regards
In reply to Łukasz Sanokowski

Re: Odp: Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

by Mahmut Ozkan -

I have installed the latest java, but I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

In reply to Mahmut Ozkan

Re: Odp: Nanogong - Failed to initialized audio recorder

by Norbert Berger -

Hi Mahmout,

You need to upgrade to nanogong version 4.1 on your moodle server: the latest java upgrade (JVM 0.24) will not work with old nanogong installations. So the only solution is to upgrade Nanogong on your moodle site.

Once you have done that it will work beautifully in 1.9.11+, not just in IE and Firefox but also in Safari and Chrome.

Hth

ngberger

by Tamao Araki -

Hi, I have also got the "failed to initialize audio recorder" message after installation of NanoGong 5 (the latest version at this moment) with my Moodle 2.6.2+ (Build 20140317). The Java test of Nanogong's website (http://gong.ust.hk/nanogong/try_javatest.html) gave a greenlight to my PC (JRE Version 7 Update 55 with Mac OS 10.9.2). Does anyone have any idea on possible cause for the error? I wonder whether the error has to do with my PC or my Moodle. Any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention.  

PS I have only tried NanoGong Moodle Activity not Plug-In as the former is what I would like to use for my class. 

Attachment error_view.png