Quizport, pre- and post-conditions

Quizport, pre- and post-conditions

by Morten Brydensholt -
Number of replies: 3

I've set up a chain of hp-match quizzes in the quizport module.

Is it possible to have the student move on to the next quiz without finishing the previous?

Lets say the student in one quiz only gets 50% correct in two attempts. I just want that student to move on to the next quiz.

Can the pre- and post-conditions control this?

Best regards
Morten

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Morten Brydensholt

Re: Quizport, pre- and post-conditions

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Morten,
if you want to allow the student to give up before completing the JMatch, then set "Navigation" to "a single Give Up button" on the "Updating: Quiz" page. This will return the results so far to QuizPort, which can then decide what to do next.

To move automatically to the next quiz after finishing the current quiz, add a post-condition to the current quiz:
  • POST-CONDITION
  • Condition score: disable
  • Attempt count: disable
  • Attempt type: (not relevant)
  • Next quiz: Next quiz
By the way, in order to force students to go immediately to the first quiz and thereafter only allow students to see each quiz if they have attempted the previous quiz, you should add the following pre-condition to all but the first quiz:
  • PRE-CONDITION
  • Condition quiz: Previous quiz
  • Condition score: disable
  • Attempt count: disable
  • Attempt type: (not relevant)
Hope that helps
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Ang: Re: Quizport, pre- and post-conditions

by Morten Brydensholt -

Hi Gordon

Thanks. I saw this solution at your live presentation but didn't think of the 'give up button'.

I will play with the settings now smile

Best regards
Morten

In reply to Morten Brydensholt

Re: Ang: Re: Quizport, pre- and post-conditions

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Morten,
hope the experimentation is going well !

Speaking of QuizPort presentations, I have a couple coming up which I would like to take this opportunity to mention:

• MoodleMoot Hakodate 2009 (Feb 15th-16th):
    50 or so Moodlers stimulating each other in that hot bed of Moodling which is Hokkaido in northern Japan. Website is here (new window). Schedule is here (PDF).

• CamTESOL 2009 (Feb 21st-22nd):
    several hundred English educators and support NGOs gather to consider how to further English education in Cambodia. I hope to take a OLPC (one laptop per child) computer and show them how QuizPort works on it. Website is here (new window)
I will presenting and doing QuizPort workshops at both of these conferences so if anyone can come please do. If there are recordings made I will endeavor to make the links available.

best regards
Gordon