Can I change assignment type after assignments are submitted?

Can I change assignment type after assignments are submitted?

by Jeff Perry -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I have set up and received assignments for a "upload single file" assignment type. Now realising I wish to send back annotated assignment feedback I would like to change the assignment type to "advanced uploading of files".

Do I risk losing submitted assignments by doing this?

thanks
Jeff
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Perry

Re: Can I change assignment type after assignments are submitted?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't think off hand that you can change is type -you'd have to make a new one- and perhaps get the students to reupload their work. If you really really don't want to do that you could bring up their work on the upload single file, annotate it, save it and upload to a folder in the course files and then hyperlink to it from the html editor where you will give their comments and grade -not particularly neat or quick,but a workaround.
In reply to Jeff Perry

Re: Can I change assignment type after assignments are submitted?

by Gill Woolliss -
I would do similar to Mary - save the students' work and annotate it. Then I would make another assignment upload (using the advanced uploading of files) - called Marked Work and upload the students' work there where they will be able to access it.