which format?

Re: which format?

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't know what the SCORM course format is for, and Course_formats does not help. SCORM is a standard for packaging up learning material so it can be embedded into learning management systems like Moodle. If you have some content in that format, you need to use SCORM, otherwise ignore it.

The Flexpage course format is one of the free third-party course format plugins available for download from the Modules and Plugins database. Your administrator would have to install it. (Be aware that they might be reluctant to do that. Every additional thing you plug into Moodle increases the complexity, and hence the risk. Therefore, installing a plugin needs to be carefully considered, and risks and benefits weighed up - and system administrators are paid to worry about the risks so you don't have to wink). That said, this particular course format plugin comes from MoodleRooms, a Moodle partner company that know what they are doing when it comes to Moodle development.)

If you (or your admins) are the kind or people who like to read a book, then Using Moodle, Moodle Administration and Moodle Course Conversion: Beginner's Guide are all good. (Some of the others are OK too, but of the ones I have read, those are the ones I would actively recommend.) The would get you up to speed on a lot of info quickly. Of course, you can learn all that in other ways. E.g. Moodle Docs.

My main advice would be to use Labels, ordering and indenting to guide the student through the activities in each week/topic.

And try to use the Moodle activities like forum, wiki and glossary in creative ways to make learning activities. Of course, as well as good examples of using resources, quizzes and assignments, which are the basics.