UPGRADE 4 NEWBIES: Latest Nightly

UPGRADE 4 NEWBIES: Latest Nightly

by John Gone -
Number of replies: 0
Hello Moodlers,
I've just finished upgrading to latest nightly, GOTO: moodle.org-> downloads. I knew I was missing out on all of the great new features and I wanted to help out by using the latest version so I could provide some feedback if I had any.
My site:
Windows NT 5.0 / PHP Version 4.2.3 / MySQL 3.23.39 / GD 2.0 / Microsoft-IIS/5.0
I was a little apprehensive as my Moodle site, Version 1.0.8.1, was working perfectly even after a fair bit of customization and tweaking. Their are only a couple of things to remember if you'd like to try an upgrade but don't have experience with this.
  • If you've done some tweaking make sure you know what you've done to which files and save them out to where you can find them again. You shouldn't need them if you've followed the instructions but it's easier to upgrade if you know that you can always go back if there's a problem. TIP: A "readme" file is a great idea when making changes to anything, put it where you can find it and no worries.
  • Follow instructions. They're very simple and straightforward because there isn't really anything to doing an upgrade. The upgrade does everything for you.
  • Enjoy all the newest features, the feeling of accomplishment and the satisfaction of knowing you're helping test the newest version of Moodle.

Thank you to EVERYONE who contributes to this excellent project!
Now back to my Moodle site to check out all the new goodies.
John
Average of ratings: -