No eyeball showing with "Turn Editing On"

No eyeball showing with "Turn Editing On"

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 6
Well I am very familiar with losing my mind but how about losing your eyeballs? surprisePlease take a look at the screen shot. I am one of two Moodle Admin's and when I log into my gradebook (or any gradebook in any course) and "Turn Editing On" you see my view on the right. When my fellow Moodle Admin, Trish, logs into the very same course and gradebook she gets the view on the left. I can not see any eyeballs. I have not done anything with Roles and Permissions (on purpose) but can not figure this out. I discovered it when I was trying to figure out why my Course totals were "hidden" and could not figure out how to unhide. Little did I know that feature was disabled for me for some reason. Any clue How I can get my "eyeballs" back smile

Thanks for your help - I am making some tutorials and really need to have this functionality.

Attachment GradeEyeballProblem.jpg
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: No eyeball showing with "Turn Editing On"

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Oh I should add this:
Moodle 1.9.2+ Buld: 20080813

Same problem reproduced on a Mac, PC, Firefox or IE and I also have a separate "instructor" account I use when I make my tutorials so my view will be the same as your average teacher and I can also not see the eyeball when I use that log in. Sounds like Trish has special "Jedi" powers to me? Anyone else able to see the "eyeballs". If so do I need a secret handshake. This is driving me to drink (more).

by Elena Ivanova -
Once you click Turn Editing on, do you see "Show show/hide icons" link on top - above the screenshot area? Try to click on it.
Or this one: Course homepage > Administration > Grades > My report preferences > Show show/hide icons: set to Yes.
helps? smile
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
THANK YOU. Oh my goodness I feel stupid blush I guess I just get used to "Turn Editing On" turning on all the editing on the home page including "eyeballs" and have been having such a challenging time with the gradebook I just dug a bit deeper and did not look for the obvious.

Thank you!!!!

I really think I need to look at getting that LSU simple grader installed. We are all having a heck of a time with this gradebook and not being able to scroll through grades and keep student names stationary is really REALLY tough to get a quick snap shot of your class.

Thanks again - you saved the day!!!!

by Elena Ivanova -
Sure thing smile

There is a lot of great development going on for the gradebook now.
Check out the http://test.moodle.org
username: gradeadmin
password: password
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
I have been checking that out and it looks AWESOME. Is it completely stable with 1.9.2+ ? I am trying to get it on our test server and check it out. Time is such an enemy smile Our biggest challenge is that we run activity locking so things do not always play nice.

Any known issues with 1.9.2? I would love to at least get the scroll bar that leaves names in place. This is a real pain!

Thanks

by Elena Ivanova -
This is actually under constant development at this particular time. You've probably noticed several forum threads mentioning "New gradebook interface" in the subject..

I agree - time is the most valuable asset now :>