Restriction of test beginning ?

Restriction of test beginning ?

by James Redhat -
Number of replies: 3
Hey Moodle Community,

i got a problem: When I tried to set up a new test this year i could see, that Moodle restricted the beginning and the end of the test to be earlier than 2011.
To be more precise, the drop-down menu on the test-edit-page just shows years until 2010.

Why ?
I need the test every year, so i need it to be also installable in early 2011 ...
What can i do ? I didn't find the php-Code of the Test-edit-page.

Thank you very much !
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Redhat

Re: Restriction of test beginning ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I just checked (in Moodle 1.9) and you can pick any date up to the end of 2020.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by James Redhat -
First of all, thanks for the answer !

Errhm, where can i see which moodle version I am using ?
I didn't install the system, but now i've to get along with it...

Is an update an option to fix this problem, in case the version is too old ?
The moodle system is being used throughout the year...

I think it was installed in 2005, well but i'm quite unsure, so i'm going to check that tomorrow.

Any other problem-solving ideas would be appreciated !
In reply to James Redhat

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Admin -> Notifications. Oh, except that if your Moodle is that old, and has never been upgraded, it will be somewhere else under admin. As a last resort, look for the version.php file and see what it says in there.

If you are running a Moodle that old, you will have a system with many know security problems that have been fixed in later versions. Not to mention lots of nice new features. Upgrading is strongly recommended.