How to stop the unenrollment of inactive users?? (Rather urgent)

How to stop the unenrollment of inactive users?? (Rather urgent)

by Adma Lim -
Number of replies: 7
Ver. 1.9.1
Build 20080515

Help! I've been alerted by a staff that she has no access to the course, an investigate done and it was discovered that she has been inactive /not logged into moodle for quite some time so moodle has un-enrolled her from her course she's in.

Do anyone knows how to prevent un-enrollment of inactive users by moodle?
I'm not sure if this would apply to the students too?

Any solutions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adma Lim

Re: How to stop the unenrollment of inactive users?? (Rather urgent)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Please see the Enrolment FAQ for details of how to prevent unenrolment of inactive users.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Marcy Wrege -
Hi Helen, I have a similar question...hoping you can direct me as well. I have some students who are added as users, but haven't logged on in months. When they do log on their password doesn't work..may have expired. not sure. How can I change it so that the password never expires?
In reply to Marcy Wrege

by Deleted user -
Go to Server -> Clean Up and change Unsubscribe Users From Courses After (longtimenosee) to Never. Default is set to 120 days.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Deleted user

by Marcy Wrege -
Thank you so much Jeff. I did it. Wonderful! Is this for first time log ins as well? Like if someone hasn't logged in at all for let's say 6 months, this will work for that too?
In reply to Deleted user

by HJWUCGA INC. -
I have a database related question re: cleaning up.

Is the enrollment recordset actually deleted from the table or is it just a flag in the record to indicate the unenrolled state?

I want to get rid of unnecessary records.

thanks
In reply to HJWUCGA INC.

by Deleted user -
Marcy- this setting (if set) will un-enrol any student/teacher that has not logged in within the time period specified, including new users that have never logged in. So if you turn the setting off (never) then even new users that have never logged in will NOT be un-enroled, but will be left in the courses they were in.

If you are using email based self-registration there is a seperate setting to delete unconfirmed users, but once they are confirmed, the above setting takes over.

Christopher- What I belive happens, is if the longtimenosee setting is turned on, and the student/teacher has not logged in for that period of time, they will be un-enroled from the courses they were in. I am pretty sure they can still log into Moodle, but just can't access any courses any more. You would either have to manually re-enrol them or they would have re-enrol themselves into any courses that they need to be in. To answer your question (or what I think you are asking), yes the enrolment recordset is deleted and no a flag is not set, meaning there is no way (that i'm aware of) to see what courses they were enroled in but are now not enroled in.
In reply to Deleted user

by Miroslav Fikar -
> Marcy- this setting (if set) will un-enrol any student/teacher
Does it also hold for teachers? Documentation states that unenrolment only involves students. If yes, I finally understand why some of our teachers were complaining being unenrolled from courses after upgrade to 1.9.