Using Elluminate with Moodle

Using Elluminate with Moodle

by Elaine Hayden -
Number of replies: 2
Can anyone tell me if they use Elluminate integrated with Moodle?  If so, what is it that has to be done in order to get it to work?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elaine Hayden

Re: Using Elluminate with Moodle

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Yes we do and it works great...finally. It was a rocky road to this point. There is an Elluminate - Moodle Bridge and it will show up in your "Add an Activity" pull down menu once it is installed and you just add it like any other activity, you can link it with a grade if you wish and when moderators click the link they will join as a moderator and when students click they will join as a participant and about 30 min after your session ends that same link will be a link to the recording. Way cool!!!! Elluminate hosts our ELIVE so if you host it on your own server I am sure there are some additional set up steps. More info in screen shot below.

Everything you need to know is here - including download link:
http://www.elluminate.com/products/integration/moodle-cms.jsp

One thing I have not gotten to work with it correctly is roles. Sometimes students are guest presenters in my Elive session and so I give them the Instructor role for the Elive session activity I created but they are not available on the moderator list when I edit this activity. Hmmmmm? Anyone get this to work?

Attachment elivebridge.jpg
In reply to Elaine Hayden

Re: Using Elluminate with Moodle

by Bryan Williams -
Elaine,

It really depends on your Elluminate service as to how this is set up. If Elluminate is hosting your service they have modified source code created by Remote-Learner to work on their servers and you should use their module/block. If you have any trouble with this report it to them and they are supposed to fix it. However, if you are hosting Elluminate on your own server then you should use the module/block available here at Moodle.org. Many organizations are using this without incident.