how to change colors

how to change colors

by antonio temprano -
Number of replies: 2
I am using the white_formal theme, and I'd need to change the color some assignments appear with. For example, I need the "Edit a web page" in red color to be easily recognizable. I have tried virtually everything. In fw_color.css:

• I have defined a class called red
a.red:link {color: #cc0000; font-family : arial,verdana, helvetica;font-size : 9pt;}
a.red:visited { color: #666666; font-family : arial,verdana, helvetica ;font-size : 9pt;}
a.red:hover { color: #ff9900; font-family : arial,verdana, helvetica;font-size : 9pt;}

Then I write in the assignment name:

<span class="red">Guia didáctica 1</span> Have tried as well <a class="red">... nothing works

• Another try
.red {
color:#cc9900;
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}

Dind't work either. I have tried many other possibilities, but none of them seem to work. Any idea how could I possibly get it a different color from the default #0033cc?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to antonio temprano

Re: how to change colors

by Ann Adamcik -
You're trying to add html to the assignment name field? If so, first you have to go to Site Administration -> Appearance -> HTML settings and uncheck the box to remove html tags from activity names.

You can then add an inline style:

<span style="color: red;">Some red text</span>

Or you can give it a class and add a selector to your stylesheet (note that you need a space between a and .red):

a .red { color: red; }
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ann Adamcik

Re: how to change colors

by antonio temprano -
Thank you very much, Ann. At last, I got it working smile. I didn't know anything about the Appearance/HTML settings. So, all my efforts didn't work.

Best Regards and thanks again.