Object Not Found for a LAMS course format

Object Not Found for a LAMS course format

by Shirley Xie -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I installed MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19 and created a course using LAMS course format. But when I went to this course, I got a message below under "LAMS Outline":

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost
01/27/09 11:15:25
Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5
Do I need to install any tools?
Your reply is appreciated.
Regards,
Shirley Xie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shirley Xie

Re: Object Not Found for a LAMS course format

by Antony Coombs -
Hi Shirley -

I've just encountered the same problem - did you find out what was causing it and how to fix it?

Best wishes -- Tony
In reply to Antony Coombs

by Renuka P -
I'm using 1.9.7. I Tried to display LAMS outline, but it shows

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

12/08/09 16:25:03
Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

can any help me to solve this problem

In reply to Renuka P

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I can't help sorry but  maybe you would like to post in Using Moodle in an appropriate help forum there? This is the social forum and tends to be used for chattingsmile
In reply to Shirley Xie

by Antony Coombs -
Hello all -

It seems the LAMS course format is only designed to work in LAMSv1, not LAMSv2.

See this discussion on the lamscommunity site:
http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=869606

I don't know if there's any long-term plan to have a LAMSv2-enable LAMS course format.

p.s. I take Mary's point - this discussion should really be moved onto the Using Moodle forum