Language Packs causing incorrect amounts to be sent to Authorize.net

Language Packs causing incorrect amounts to be sent to Authorize.net

by Rob Rashotte -
Number of replies: 1

I have several language packs installed on my moodle site and it appears that if someone selects a language that uses a comma for a decimal place holder that the amount of the transaction is misinterpreted by authorize.net.

For example I have a course that costs $500 US.

If someone is using the default language settings then $500.00 is displaced as the price of the course and is interpreted by auth.net as $500.00

If Someone has the DE language pack selected (for example), the price is displaced as $500,00 but authorize.net is interpreting this as $500,00.00 or $50 Thousand dollars.

I am dealing with some major fallout from this at the moment. Has anyone seen this before? I have simply disabled the language packs as a short term solution.

My main purpose for this message is to alert anyone else who might also be in a similar situation and not be aware of it yet.

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Rashotte

Re: Language Packs causing incorrect amounts to be sent to Authorize.net

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Rob,

If you've not done so already, please could you report this issue in the tracker for it to be fixed as quickly as possible. If you post the issue number in this discussion, other people can then watch / vote for / comment on it.