Alignment Issues

Alignment Issues

by Frank Erazo -
Number of replies: 2
Help please!

I experiencing two issues within the Lesson pages.

1) Unless content is placed within a table, all content is center aligned.
a) In the Theme I'm using (moodalis_tango), I found the line in styles_layout.css that allows me to left align the content. Problem - it takes the buttons with it. Is there anyway to separate this?

2) In this same Theme, the buttons are being stacked onto each other - even though we have the option of Horizontally aligning selected. If I switch to another theme, the buttons arrange themselves onto the same line.
a) Is there anyway to fix this within the theme?

Thank you!

mixed
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Erazo

Re: Alignment Issues

by Frank Erazo -

Solution (?)

Note: These solutions are when using the esocratesorg theme. However, this does not mean it may or may not work with another theme you are using.

Observations

1) The esocrates theme only has one style sheet (esocrates.css) with less than 200 lines of coding. When I look at the Page Source, I notice that it is also pulling in the style sheets from Moodle's standard theme.
2) I am also using Firefox's Firebug to look at the styles. Most of those settings are NOT in the esocrates.css.

Solutions

1) Request to change font and size to Verdana and 12 pt.
a) I set the font in the Administration >> Appearance >>HTML editor to the appropriate font, but that didn't seem to take.
b) Solution: Open up the styles_fonts.css in the Standards theme. Proceed to line #39 and change the font and size.

2) Remove a gray border around the content in a lesson page.
a) Solution: Open up the styles_color.css in the Standards theme. Proceed to line #117 and change it to the color you prefer.

3) Set the text on the lesson page to align left instead of center.
a) Solution: Open up the styles_layout.css in the Standards theme. Proceed to line #173 (.generalbox). Add a line text-align: left;.

4) Left align the titles in the lesson pages.
a) Solution: (again) - styles_layout.css. Proceed to line #44 - change the alignment from center to left.

In reply to Frank Erazo

Re: Alignment Issues

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Frank,
You should never ever change anything in the Standard theme. If you do then things might go wrong next time you update your moodle site.
Changes should be made in the CSS file(s) in your own customized theme. Changes made there will override changes in standard theme.
Joseph