Link to an activity

Link to an activity

by Neil Johnson -
Number of replies: 5
None of the activities in my course appear when I attempt to use the "link to an activity" setting in the "Other" section when creating an assignment.

Is there an administrative setting that enables this? What can I do?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neil Johnson

Re: Link to an activity

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Neil,
I think we need some expert opinions here. That is not me smile I suspect you might be right, there is some sort of role/context thing going on. This could be a thread for the General Problems forum.

I went to demo.moodle.org to see what could break. I could see all the other activities either as teacher or as admin when I went to the Lesson setting to create a link to another activity under other. When I created a non editing teacher, I could not get to lesson settings.

The number of permission settings is lengthy, the number associated with lesson is two. Again this points to your guess that it has something to do with activities. The number of contexts to assign a role is staggering. Then there is Groups, which I suppose technically is another context.

What version of Moodle are you using and do you know if you have the standard set of permissions of a teacher. Your site administrator might have created a special role for and used it in your course or altered the permissions for the Teacher role.

There is always the potential that it has nothing to do with Permissions and has to do with your Moodle version/site. Sigh.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Neil Johnson -
We are using version 1.9.3+
I have administrative rights, but am not the super administrator. Neither the teacher of the course nor I can see the other activities in the course from the setup for the Lesson activity.
In reply to Neil Johnson

by Bill Parsons -
That happened to me the first time I tried it. However, after saving the Lesson and then going back into it (Update Lesson) the activities from my class appeared.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bill Parsons

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
I forgot about the old "refresh browser, when things should change but don't" trick. Outstanding. Moodle 101. smile