Power Point once again

Power Point once again

by Paolo Lariccia -
Number of replies: 3

A Power point problem again.

In my installation (Windows2000 professional, Internet Explorer 6.0), I can upload a power point presentation (.ppt). When I try to view the uploaded file (opened in place) I get a window with the following message:

content='0; URL=.../moodle/login/index.php'>

a right click on the mouse tell me that the browser knows it is a ppt file, morover if I try toi advance scrolling down I see the black screen of the end of the presentation, like for an empty file.

The .ppt file is however not corrupted since I can save it in the server and read it normally.

I can normally see .doc files or .pdf files.

Any idea?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Lariccia

Re: Power Point once again

by Michael King -

forget pp. Check out www.impatica.com

Impatica converts pp to low res streaming media which plays in their own java player which downloads with the file. Supports all transitions as far as I know and the converted files are only about 10% of the original so they don't chew up bandwidth on your server. Well worth a look. Hope this helps. I have used this a lot for web presentations.

regards,

Michael

In reply to Paolo Lariccia

Re: Power Point once again

by Charles Harris -

I have seen the same problem you describe.  Have you found a reasonable fix to the problem?  The error I see is somewhat different as it returns "No input file selected".  This is all after I upload the resource.  I have also converted the PPT file to html with the same results.  The last reply indicated you needed to purchase another app to get the results we need.  I'll reserve that as a last resort.  If you know something that I don't let me know

Thanks

charris@trenholmtech.cc.al.us