Backup & Restore interferes with Quiz performance: 1.9

Backup & Restore interferes with Quiz performance: 1.9

by Gayle Bird -
Number of replies: 2
The system allows a student to take a quiz and then marks the quiz and SHOULD automatically put it into the student’s report card. This DOES work for our 3DGA program but not for the GOA03 program (no wonder Stacy was frustrated!). The quiz marks show up on the Complete Activity Report but not on the Gradebook.

I double-checked all settings and they were identical. Finally it occurred to me that the GOA03 course was a copy of the GOA01 course, while the 3DGA program was built from scratch. I tested, and the GOA01 course does what it’s supposed to.

I did further testing between other manual and copy courses, and it’s the same issue. As this is the only difference between the courses, this must be the problem. As of right now, it’s a problem without a solution, as we MUST be able to copy courses and have them work properly.

We upgraded the Moodle software yesterday to 1.9.3 and I will be doing some testing this morning to see if it patches the problem. The upgrade does patch several other smaller issues, so this is an improvement.

Meanwhile, does anybody have any insight into this problem? IS it something that 1.9.3 fixes? I couldn't find it in the twelve or so pages of patch fixes but my eyes were getting jumpy by the end so I could have missed it.

Thanks.

(Edited by Tim Hunt to remove MS Word junk- original submission Thursday, 22 January 2009, 10:29 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gayle Bird

Re: Backup & Restore interferes with Quiz performance: 1.9

by Gayle Bird -
WHOOPS, sorry for the weird Office code. Man, Microsoft is annoying sometimes.

I apparently can't edit it out. Sorry.
In reply to Gayle Bird

Re: Backup & Restore interferes with Quiz performance: 1.9

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think this is a problem at the gradebook end. At least I cannot think of what might be going wrong at the quiz end. That is, I think that the information about how the quiz is linked to the gradebook is getting messed up during backup and restore. I don't know much about that part of the code. Has anyone else encountered this problem?