removing block from the right column

removing block from the right column

by Yanislav Galyov -
Number of replies: 5
hi all,

when "turn editing on" is clicked, there are 2 more blocks displayed in the right column of the main page. the blocks are "Course/Site Description" and "Blocks".
i want to hide them as i am not using them.

any help, how can i do this efficiently?

thx in advance.
y.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yanislav Galyov

Re: removing block from the right column

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If your editing is turned on you should see an eye at the top of the block. You can hide a block by closing its eye. Blocks is the section for adding new blocks or deleting ones - it isn't seen when the editing is turned off so it isn't a problem.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yanislav Galyov -
hi again,

i did hide "Course/Site Description" but "blocks" is still there. and i need it not to be accessible when editing is turned on. so it is a problem for me.

thx for the help so far. really appreciate it!

y.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well then click the X button on it to delete it. You can always add it again by using Blocks> add block.

by Tiffany Morgan -

If I understand you correctly you are talking about the block that has a drop down box and allows you to add blocks.

I had wondered the same thing at first. That block does not have a X you can use to delete it.

What I had noticed is when editing is off this block disappears. I'm using the custom corners theme and I have all of the blocks moved to the left side of the screen. When I turn editing off the right edge of the middle column expands all the way to the right.
Not sure if that is ultimately the effect you are looking for, but that is the results.

Hope this is helpful-good luck!