Wiki module to be included in Moodle 1.4

Wiki module to be included in Moodle 1.4

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm planning to include Wiki in Moodle 1.4, after making a few interface changes to it recently (I added tabs and cleaned up the info page).

One thing it still needs to do is to use format_text correctly for filters, security etc - this needs to be applied to all the Wiki output HTML (but not to all the other stuff like attachment listings, page info etc)

Mike? Someone?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Wiki module to be included in Moodle 1.4

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've fixed that problem Martin. Do you want me to upload to CVS? I know you asked us not to.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Gustav W Delius -
Fixes should definitely go into CVS, into the MOODLE_14_STABLE branch. You are even allowed to submit new developments again, but only into the HEAD branch. If you do that you should also change the version name to 1.5 development.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Mike Churchward -
Okay. I just submitted the change, but I'm not sure which branch it went into. How can I check?

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Firstly, thanks for the prompt attention, Mike, but that's not quite the fix. The wiki function returns the whole page including all the attachments etc, and these are still being filtered. For an example of how filtering is being applied in the wrong place, see this page in the Documentation Wiki.

Secondly, yes, your fixes went into the trunk/HEAD. We've now branched a MOODLE_14_STABLE and all fixes should currently be going to that branch first, then merged across into the HEAD.  Don't worry about those ones now, though, I'll sort it out.

You should change your working Moodle to use MOODLE_14_STABLE by checking it out like this: cvs update -r MOODLE_14_STABLE then make your changes there, then any checkins you can make will actually go back into that branch by default. If you don't feel up to also merging these changes back into the trunk at this point don't worry - I can do a big merge of all changes in the branch around the same time as the release.

http://moodle.org/doc/?frame=cvs.html

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Mike Churchward -
Okay, thanks for the info Martin.

I have just commited a change to CVS that should do the job properly. It filters only the wiki text after it has been wiki'ized by the wiki engine. That should be the fix you're looking for.

mike