New gradebook interface - Lang Changes

New gradebook interface - Lang Changes

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 2
I find words "Grader report" to be confusing. For me Grader - is the person who grades
I suggest something like this:

Current name --> suggested name

View --> View Reports
- Grader Report --> Grade Roster, or Class Grades
- Outcomes report --> Outcomes
- Overview report --> My Grades, or All Grades (I would put this one to be the last)
- User report--> By User

Under "Edit" there is a "Course settings" menu too, which can be confused with Administration > Settings. Why not just Gradebook Settings?

Course settings --> Gradebook settings
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: New gradebook interface - Lang Changes

by Nicolas Connault -
Elena,

Thanks for your suggestions. Here are my thoughts on these:

Grader report: It's called "grader" because it is an interface for grading, meant for a grader to use. Indeed, users without the permission to give grades will not be able to view this "report". I think that if one of the two words is at fault here, it is "report", not "grader", since this is an editing interface in addition to a report. But maybe adding "Class" at the beginning would be useful. Maybe it should also be placed under the "Edit" sub-section of this menu

Regarding gradebook settings, the "course" word needs to remain because these settings will only affect the gradebook in this course only.

All other ideas are good I think. Thanks for the good ideas smile
In reply to Nicolas Connault

Re: New gradebook interface - Lang Changes

by Elena Ivanova -
Hm, for me it was clear that "Course Settings" were only affecting one gradebook at a time. smile
How about Course Gradebook Settings?

But then, we have "My Report Preferences" tab which influences view on the user-basis. And it is located right near Grader Report.
It would make more sense to put "Course Settings" there instead.
Plus, add "Categories and items" there too, since this one is very strongly related to the "Grader Report"
Though, I would rename again: Categories and items -> Calculations.

I will try to create a sample mock-up for tabs and lang changes (It will probably take me couple of days)