How can I sort existing quizzes into gradebook categories?

How can I sort existing quizzes into gradebook categories?

by Cristina Berisso -
Number of replies: 1

I created a new course in Moodle 1.93, and without noticing, every quiz I included in the course was added to a default category in the gradebook. Now I want to sort these quizzes (some are homework, some are midterms, some are self tests that count as extra credit). So I created new categories in the gradebook, but found that it is not very obvious how to move the quizzes that were by default assigned to the "uncategorized" category to their new appropriate categories for correct grade estimate. The "parent category" associated with each quiz in the gradebook does not show a dropdown menu from where I could select its new gradebook location. Is there a feature that will allow for such type of change?

Sorry if I am asking something obvious, but this gradebook in 1.0 seems rather non-intuitive with respect to the straight forward gradebook of version 1.6...

Any help will be greatly appreciated, since my students are already submitting their work and they do not know how to interpret their gradebook readings.